Sunday, April 29, 2012

Second Jewel

We hurried to get to the Horse Park this morning so that we could see the trot up, but there might have been a bit of bourbon consumed last night....so we were all a bit late getting up. The jog was already underway when we got there, but we still saw some impressive horses/riders (what's with the high heels, ladies?!? I'm afraid it's YOU that will be hurt/spinned!). I'm very sad to report that Heather and Slate River withdrew. And after a second presentation, Barb and Everyready were not passed. :( So all of my "homies" didn't get to finish.

As god himself predicted, it was William Fox-Pitt who reigned supreme, picking up another jewel for the Rolex Challenge. I hope he wins Badminton next week--he deserves it!

I will say that several of the horses looked VERY, very tired. I think the XC course took a toll on them (as it should, I suppose). I'll wager a lot of the rails that rained down early in the day did so because horses were simply too tired to lift their feed all the way!

It looks like all my KY "hook ups" aren't going to work out, so it'll be a quiet evening at home with the bro tonight. Perhaps I'll sample just a bit more of that good KY bourbon ale. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment